Diary of an Addict
Sponsored post: PG 18+
Purity is by God’s grace, yes. However, parents must stand up to the challenge of nurturing their wards to becoming pure as commanded by God in the Bible. As for me though, I wasn’t. Thanks to my parents’ divorce and deaths, and my unwillingness to chastise myself.
After finishing my FSLC (First School Leaving Certificate) sponsored by my mother, I left her house for my dad’s to continue my secondary education.
Filled with the euphoria for a new adventure, I rumbled in happiness – along with my elder brother who happened to start his own education same time as I started. We left our mum. She was both happy and sad: happy because our father will henceforth foot our school bills and second, she would miss her two sons.
We shared her dilemma, too. But as young lads, the former was what we were on the look out for. We had imagined freedom, enjoyment, adventure and making new friends. We would live a more suitable lifestyle, after all, our father was on the payroll of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation.
I left my granny’s, but the experience didn’t leave me. There is no day I don’t reminisce about it, even now, I didn’t know why I kept mute about this but obviously, it was one decision I regret not making. It did haunt me.
My father was a man of many women. He was a scholar, a Ph.D holder when it comes to doing the ‘Adam’ with women, he had six wives, my mum his first, and so many concubines. My brother, my elder sister and myself are the result of his union wit my mum.
To Be Contd.

No comments:
Post a Comment