Coolnarrator: Diary of an addict - episode 2 -->

Header$type=menu

Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Diary of an addict - episode 2


diary of an addict

Diary of an Addict

My brother and I arrived our father’s house, full of excitement and hope. Without much-ado, we were enrolled into one of the finest secondary schools in Ikorodu axis (name withheld) to begin our secondary education.
Months passed. Two years later, my mum died. She passed away after a brief illness. We were young. Much younger to be without a mother. Being assured by our father’s promises, we lived on. I may not tell you guys what we went through in his house. That’s another soap opera itself. Alas, 4 years after our mother’s demise, our father died too. He was shot by robbers when he ran into an operation scene.
I don’t know if this is fate or not: we were about writing our JSCE and SSCE exams when our mother and father passed away respectively. I thought I would never lived again. Well, this is 2016! I’m still alive by God’s grace.

THE BOY GREW UP

My education halted when my father died. My sister was in her 300L in UNILAG. There were no sponsors anywhere; no, not even from my father’s brothers who would flood our house almost every week for “pocket money”. I had to make a choice: start working. So, I was 16 years old when I started working in a factory. I was the smallest, the youngest, yet, the most troublesome. I was paid every forth night (#1,325). Though the money was never enough to do a thing, feeding was catered for. Friends, this is the beginning of a transition from a gentle, innocuous-looking, innocent and peaceful child to a shrewd, wayward and pervert man!
Fast forward: My first victim: Mary
She was 17+ when we met. We attended same church. She would call me and come to me for advice almost everyday. I welcomed her with open arms and do share “brotherly” advice with her.
First Lesson: Girls, as much as it is good to seek for advice, never you go to guys for one. No matter how ‘spiritual’ that brother may appear, the lion can never be a friend or guardian to the lamb without a temptation to eat it. Some guys have good motives and pure mind but the girl might have ulterior motives. That’s my case!
There is no single day that Mary won’t stop by to say hello.
To Be Contd

No comments:

Post a Comment