DIARY OF AN ADDICT
Wednesday for me is a work-free PUBLIC and
PRIVATE holiday… with Grace alone!
The
Day Finally Arrives
Before 12noon, I had finished all my
chores. So, I called Grace just for a reminder. Guess what guys, her phone was
off. MMM(Mogbe Moku Modaran). I tried again and again, and again and again;
same result.
.
I became so restless…and disturbed. I
realised I haven’t eaten anything since I woke up, I settled for 2 wraps of
Gala and a chilled Maltina. Hey guys, not that I was expecting anything
romantic but, you know, who in the world will pass up the chance of having a
beautiful girl like Grace under his roof?
I mean, I just can’t imagine it. After consuming
the Gala, I tried her number again, same
result. I checked the clock, its 1:42pm. At this stage, I resigned to defeat. Apparently,
Grace only pulled a stunt on me; proving to me that she’s a bit smarter than my
smartness, a revenge I guess.
Suddenly, a sense of guilt engulfed my
heart. I had betrayed my good friends just because of Grace, I was about
calling them when my phone rang.
Not Grace. It was a number I don’t have as
contact. I answered the call and this was what ensued:
Caller: Hello Femi
Me: Hello. Who are my speaking with
Caller: It’s me Grace. This is my friend’s
number. Sorry my phone ran out of power and our generator is faulty. I’m so
sorry.
Me: No problem, I understand.
Grace: I’m still coming o. Let me charge my
phone a little and I’ll be on my way.
Me: Why not come right away? I’ve got
enough fuel to charge a thousand phones, if you don’t mind.
Grace: (Laughs) Femi ooo. Ok. I guess I’ll
start coming then. Send me your address please.
Me: Ok. I’ll do that once u drop the call,
what will you like to eat?
Grace: Femi, prepare whatever you think
befits Grace.
TO B CONTD


No comments:
Post a Comment