DIARY OF AN ADDICT
Also, I was a student of the Polytechnic,
Ibadan, Lagos Annex, studying Accounting. My Mondays to Fridays are virtually
free for me, except I’m in shop…or church. Funny. Church huh? Yes, church.
One Sunday evening, Godwin called me into
his apartment and said, “Femi, my younger sister will be visiting from school
tomorrow. She had decided to spend her holiday here with me. So, please take
care of her on my behalf. Make her feel at home and comfortable.” “Alright sir!
You can count on me for that. I won’t disappoint you”, I replied. He laughed
and said, “I trust you now. Femo my man.”
I need to say here that Godwin had no
knowledge of my runs with girls. How would he have known? A guy that hardly
sleeps at home? I doubt it. I felt a little bit uneasy when he entrusted her
little sister into my hands.
He created a conflict in my heart. Who
should I obey: my good friend Godwin or my ever-attentive 3rd leg? Hope you
guys feel my dilemma?
I was seriously on the edge, especially
when he showed me her picture on his phone. I was like, ‘dang!’ this girl is
sweet (coughs in pretence.) I left his house that evening a disturbed man.
A part of me was yearning for maturity and
to act responsible, at least, for once; the other was like, “yeah, another
cream on my ice. Jackpot!” Come what may, I resolve, I’m gonna give it my best
shot: right or wrong. Like one of the lines in Tyler Perry’s stage drama ‘Why
Did I Get Married?’, “if you’re doing good or bad, make sure you feel good
while doing it”, I was bent on one thing, give it my best shot.
He said and left. I lost appetite for sleep
immediately he left. Had Godwin knew that his sister would be staying with a
conasuir (Don’t mind the spelling. The word means a man who loves women),
probably he would have changed his mind, I thought. I resolved that morning to
be on my best behaviour, be brotherly, nice, cool and friendly, no more, no
less.
TO BE CONTD

No comments:
Post a Comment